Brevity is the Soul of Wit -
Economizing is the "art" of managing your money, time and energy use.
"Bringing light to the importance and dignity of the Non-Market Economy"
America's economic salvation relies on our willingness to improve our home economy. It begins with our willingness to WORK and ends with doing such work with "economy" as its foundation.
The word "Economy" has two definitions:
1. The wealth and resources of a country or region, especially in terms of the production and consumption of goods and services.
2. Careful management of available resources.
When we think of the Economy of the home, we must think both in terms of the aggregate production and consumption of what is both produced and consumed by the people in the home. The most important is the "careful management of available resources," which is to in essence, "Economize."
We divide our time outside of sleep and personal care/hygiene, between 3 areas:
1. Market Work- Work where we are paid a wage or fee and work for either an employer or client.
2. Non-Market Work- This is the work we do on our own account where we could hire someone to do this work for us, we employ ourselves in these laborious tasks.
3. Leisure- These are activities that we cannot pay anyone else or have anyone else do for us. These include things like watching a movie, reading a book, going to church, exercising, etc.
Time use is a major major contributor to home economics. The ultimate goal is to be highly productive in the time spent working so to have ample leisure time that helps to fulfill our "Human Experience."
From the wages and fees we're to receive from our market labor, the careful use of how these funds are spent is of high importance when it comes to economizing.
Mindful, well thought out use of funds make a huge difference the quantity of funds required relative to the quality of the utility we're to receive in exchange.
Redundancy if this concept will be had throughout this website.
The ultimate goal with regards to spending is to have the lowest cost per use while still having a high standard of living.
Where we stand today with regard to this balance between spending and our incomes is that there is tremendous opportunity to have a very high standard of living while on a very small budget and I"ll prove it!
Energy and efficiency go hand in hand.
A high standard of living requires a good deal of energy to be had. That is a certainty.
The goal is to get the greatest utility from each BTU or Watt of energy consumed.
At the same time, use the source of energy that is the least expensive.
So the careful management of resources means both the amount of money required to purchase the energy and the amount of energy required to satisfy your needs.